Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm packing!

Sort of.

I'm kind of almost done. So now I'm sitting on a bed, waiting.

Weight has such a strong influence on people's lives. Many find their own to be much more than they'd like to handle, even when such notions are ridiculous. But for this evening, keeping ones weight has involved coping with the limits airlines have placed on luggage. Slowly these limits have become more harsh. I remember the days when international flights meant each person could check in two bags, at 75 pounds a piece. Eventually this number dropped down to 50, and we wondered how in the world we could ever manage to fit all our things with such restrictions. But now we live in a world where the airlines have pulled all stability from underneath us, and left us with only one check in bag. Generally this hit me with little concern for my upcoming trip. All I have to bring are a few books and clothes, clothes aren't that heavy, there won't be any problems. Of course, one article of clothing is quite light, but when included with the others they become one transformed monster of cotton equipped with a bowling ball beer belly (yay for fitting in terrible and unnecessary alliteration!). So after much apprehension I had to attack this monster, and try to see if anything could be pulled, moved, or severed, and had to pull out a few books from the library I wanted to bring. (Apparently sheets of paper all add up very quickly too) I was backed up with the support of a scale, which frankly left me with much to be desired in measuring. After an after-midnight trip to a place with a much better scale I finally discovered that I'm not over-weight at all! So now I can relax without too much concern. Bringing back souvenirs may prove interesting, but one problem at a time.

Alright. As I've been mostly exhausted all day, and it's already after 1:43, my mind is shot, and my blog post is probably painful to read, so I will stop you from going any further and find something else to do with my time, and let you do the same.

Also, I like tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment